Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Charlie

First of all, THANK YOU for all your love, support, and prayers. Charlie was born 9/7/11 at 3 am and right after I pushed him out he was struggling to breath. They took him straight down to the NICU. After I got cleaned up they took me down a few floors in the hospital to see him. I remember so badly wanting to hold my baby; yet, they wouldn't let me while he was hooked up to so many lines and tubes.
The next day Theo and Norah came with Grandma to come see me. I was kind of hoping this would have been the pic with all three of my children in the hospital bed. It was so weird being on the postpartum floor with no baby. But, that evening I did get to hold Charlie for the first time.
Eventually he came off the c-pap and moved onto a small nasal canula to keep the airway open. After several tests they diagnosed him with a paralyzed vocal chord which was obstructing his airway.
The ENT was hoping that his vocal chord would start working in the next couple of weeks so we waited.
It didn't start working in the time frame they allowed so they put in a trach so he could go home and breath safely.
We had to let the trach site heal and then he had to learn how to eat. Luckily he didn't have to have a g-tube, which most trach babies have. After 5 weeks of being in the NICU we got to take him home and it was the first time Norah and Theo got to see him. Norah still thought the baby was in my stomach until he came home. Here he is not minding the trach so much.
After a month of being home we went to see the ENT. At our doctor visit, he put a scope down Charlie's nose and we saw that his vocal chord was working. It was amazing. Our prayers had been answered and your prayers, too. About a month after the ENT visit we were able to go back to the hospital for about a week and get the trach removed. Now he just wears a bandaid.

We are so very thankful for all the many prayers and help that came our way. We had visitors, e-mails, phone calls (even though I wasn't always good at returning them), packages, letters, rides for my kids, playmates, food, and much more. So many people were so willing to help us out. I can't express how grateful I am to you all.

11 comments:

Janine said...

Well, hello Charlie. We already love you.

Emily said...

I had no idea. So glad he's doing well! What a darling baby! Congratulations!!!

Cathy Doot said...

oh my goodness!!! What a beautiful family! Can't wait to hold Charlie and give all the rest of you big hugs.

Taylor family said...

Look at that adorable little smile he has! I'm so excited we get to start doing more stuff!

Sarah Marie said...

We love you, Charlie! And can't wait to meet you.

The Speres said...

I did not know about this scary event in your lives! But so very happy to hear that your darling (and charming) Charlie is healthy and gracing your home with love and smiles!

Natalie Black said...

He is such an adorable little guy!

Megs said...

What a happy little guy! We are so happy he is doing well!

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

I am so glad that all worked out. It has been a while since I have visited the blog. It is good to see things are good. Your baby is adorable!

an muti said...

Minecraft Skins: . How do you feel if your charaters have very new and fashionable Minecraft download skins in many games of Minecraft at this Christmas and up-coming Tet holiday? It will be really fun. Now let me make it come true. I am so excited to be with you in every Mina hrefecraft game! 

Minecraft Mods:
. Just like Skins, you seem to get so bored with some Minecraft mod 1.6.4 you have ever used. Would you like to take part in extremely modern and great new games as well as experience the exciting atmostphere that you have never tried before? I guess all of you cannot wait more for these wonderful things. Let’s get started to join these games and I will show you how easy it is to find out the other Minecraft mods.

Minecraft Maps:
. Hmmm… In Minecraft, I like this part most. Do you know why? Well, as you can see, Minecraft dwonload Maps is so great because you cannot discover any challenge in every game without Minecraft maps. The wonderful. Minecraft Maps usually interest me so much but my PC configuration is not suitable. LOL…! However , I do not give up even no matter hard it is. Now I have much more Maps Minecraft than ever after a long time discovering. All of you are welcomed to visit my blog and take a look at these Maps Minecraft. LOL… All is for everyone who are keen on Maps Minecraft. I really hope our Minecraft community will gradually become greater and happier in near future.
Minecraft Texture Packs:
. I rarely search about it , but I also have many Minecraft download Texture Packs and Resource Packs to share with you. 
New Year are together coming! minecraftfreemods.net Wish you all happiness and best luck! I hope these great holidays will bring us millions of reasons to smile in life! Happy New Year!
Everything will finally be alright! Wish you a successful life! Your all
dreams will definitely come true! <3

MinecraftFreeMods.Net

an muti said...

Minecraft Skins: . How do you feel if your charaters have very new and fashionable Minecraft download skins in many games of Minecraft at this Christmas and up-coming Tet holiday? It will be really fun. Now let me make it come true. I am so excited to be with you in every Mina hrefecraft game! 

Minecraft Mods:
. Just like Skins, you seem to get so bored with some Minecraft mod 1.6.4 you have ever used. Would you like to take part in extremely modern and great new games as well as experience the exciting atmostphere that you have never tried before? I guess all of you cannot wait more for these wonderful things. Let’s get started to join these games and I will show you how easy it is to find out the other Minecraft mods.

Minecraft Maps:
. Hmmm… In Minecraft, I like this part most. Do you know why? Well, as you can see, Minecraft dwonload Maps is so great because you cannot discover any challenge in every game without Minecraft maps. The wonderful. Minecraft Maps usually interest me so much but my PC configuration is not suitable. LOL…! However , I do not give up even no matter hard it is. Now I have much more Maps Minecraft than ever after a long time discovering. All of you are welcomed to visit my blog and take a look at these Maps Minecraft. LOL… All is for everyone who are keen on Maps Minecraft. I really hope our Minecraft community will gradually become greater and happier in near future.
Minecraft Texture Packs:
. I rarely search about it , but I also have many Minecraft download Texture Packs and Resource Packs to share with you. 
New Year are together coming! minecraftfreemods.net Wish you all happiness and best luck! I hope these great holidays will bring us millions of reasons to smile in life! Happy New Year!
Everything will finally be alright! Wish you a successful life! Your all
dreams will definitely come true! <3

MinecraftFreeMods.Net